week in review...

- finally having Sara's Christmas program after having it cancelled twice due to weather
- a husband that puts up with my crabby moods and supports me in my weight-loss efforts
- listening to my 7 year old and her friend singing a worship song in the backseat
- having the choice in what my attitude is and that I have a Heavenly Father that is strong in my weakness!
- an mp3 player that I can crank when I am working out (which I hate)
- my GAP puffer vest with fur (I feel young in it)
I have learned (the hard way) this week that I have a choice in what I am thinking about. If I think about the negative, then that is what my attitude will be like and it will eventually manifest in my life.
My Friday morning Bible study group is studying "The Battlefield of the Mind" by Joyce Meyer. Great book, but hard also because it really hits home. As soon as I recognized that I could have victory in my thought-life, the battle began and I was attacked at every turn. I have once again come to the realization that what I put in my mind is what I will get out.
One thing I do to fill my mind with "good" is to listen the worship music when I work out. I was so blessed today when listening to Casting Crowns (one of my favorite bands). I wanted to raise my hands and praise while walking on the elliptical. I decided to just do it on the inside for fear of what I would look like to the other people at the YMCA, but God knows my heart, right?
It's sad that some times it takes us so long to come back to what we know is truth, but it's so nice knowing that God is filled with grace and mercy for our journey.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home