Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Not quite sure.













Can't decide if I am loving the new Starbucks logo. Why are we so resistant to change? Even when it comes to our coffee? Here is a quote I came across in my Sunday School lesson:

 "Growth will never happen in our lives until we value facing truth more than avoiding pain." - John Ortberg

It really spoke to me. I can't seem to get it out of my mind. This is an area that I really struggle with. Even if I am unhappy with my current circumstances, I often stay there because "it might hurt too much" to make the changes I need to make. Whether it be confrontation that needs to happen or just dealing with what's going on in my own mind. 

Lord, please reveal to me the areas in my life that need change and give me the strength and courage to make those changes. Amen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kei said...

Great quote! And I soooo understand. I hate change too, and often remain in less than ideal situations because I don't want to deal with it. I love this post!

January 18, 2011 at 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good, good stuff. I struggle with the same thing!

February 2, 2011 at 12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home