Overwhelmed!
A quick trip to the Dr. in Hillsboro to see if Kelsey could possibly have asthma, sent me home with all of this. I actually told the Dr. as he was explaining everything to me, that I feel like I need a medical degree to administer all of Kelsey medication. Well...she does indeed have asthma, which we have suspected, but didn't realize it was as bad as it was. Now our daily routine starts with testing her breathing on the peak flow meter so we know what inhalers she needs to use. If she tests low enough, then there are three different inhalers/"contraptions" we have to use. They think that it could be allergy related asthma so hopefully when we get her allergies under control, the asthma will get better. So she is also on a daily allergy med. Does this sound crazy to anyone else or is it just me? I think once we get our routine down it will be fine and I will start to recognize signs more easily to tell if she is struggling.
I told a friend last night that at least it's something treatable and it's not life or death, but there's still something inside me as a mom that makes me feel sad that there is something "wrong" with my "baby". I know that feeling will pass and we will just do what we need to do, but I'm kind of in a mourning period. Does that make sense?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home