Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Tween Years.



tween (twēn) Pronunciation Key
n. A child between middle childhood and adolesence, usually between 8 and 12 years old.

[Blend of teen1 and between.]


I am officially the mother of a "tween". It has been interesting to watch Kelsey grow into more of a young lady this year. I have often heard her say things like, "I just don't feel like that's something a fourth grader would do" or "I just feel like I'm too old for that."

Kelsey has always been kind of an "old soul"...more serious, more no-nonsense. I don't see this as a bad thing. I can relate. If given the option she usually plops herself down in the middle of the adults vs. the kids.

I am very proud of her. School does not come easy for her, but she works very hard to please us and her teacher. This year she is part of her school's "Green Team". They help with schoolwide recycling and they will work in a greenhouse and have a plant sale later in the year, among other things. Yes, that's right, we are raising a little environmentalist.

I really think she is going to continue to be a good kid. I can sometimes feel a twinge of worry when I think about the teen years, but I do trust that she will make good decisions. With much prayer, we will survive the years ahead and may even have fun doing it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home