Thursday, January 15, 2009

I have been blessed this week.


(sunset from our front porch a few months back)

I have been able to experience God in an awesome way this week. I have been working my hardest at getting back to an exercise routine. Right now it happens to be walking. The weather has been almost 60 degrees and blue skies everyday so far and I'm 4 for 4 for walking. Yeah me!

What's even greater than that has been the fact that Jesus has met with me everyday. What an amazing God we have, that He is willing to spend time with us whenever WE want. I have been listening to Joyce Meyer podcasts for the first 30 min of my walk and then listening to worship the rest of the way home.

I have been fed spiritually and received words from the Lord about claiming victory over some areas of struggle in my life. I have also been convicted to confess in areas that need repentance.

One of these issues that needs attention is in the area of recognizing the blessings all around me. One thing that Aaron and I both struggle with is feeling like we haven't been blessed monetarily (which is not entirely true). I feel that to solely focus on finances is to ignore all of the amazing ways God has blessed us in other ways. We have a wonderful family, two healthy, beautiful girls, a home, heat, food in our cupboards, clothes in our closets, shoes on our feet, two cars, great friends, a job, a church family who loves us, thanks to the generosity of friends, we have been able to take some wonderful vacations with and without our kids, the list could go on and on...

One of my resolutions this year is to regain my heath - physical, spiritual, and emotional health. I have the promises in God's Word to strengthen me. Less of me and more of Him! I will claim the victory that I have already been given through the Holy Spirit that lives within me. Yeah God!

One of my favorite worship songs right now:

Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger nora said...

Hi, Steph! I've missed your blog posts. It's good to have you back:) Also thank you for showing me that worship song. It was beautiful. Have a great day!

January 19, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home