mixed feelings.
The first day of school and the proverbial pictures in front of the house. I really need to look back over the few years and see how the kids have changed. Even looking at the two of them today without comparing photographs, I could see that each of them was looking older.
I have been looking forward to this day for years and I sit here not really knowing what to do with myself. Maybe it's the fact that Aaron's home sick so I'm not really alone. Or the fact that I got about 5 hours of sleep last night. Or maybe it's just that the day I've been looking forward to for so long, makes me a little sad. I don't know where the time went, but I sit here missing my girls. I know it will be short-lived and I will soon enjoy the days to myself, but for today I am just going to grieve (a little) the days that are now over.
I know I sound pretty melodramatic, but it's hard to be a mom and watch your kids grow up (no "I told you so", mom).
On a positive note. They both looked too adorable in there new hair-dos and clothes. I was so proud of Kelsey who had to go into school by herself today. A new school, a new teacher, the bottom of the food chain again with lots of 5th and 6th graders checking out the new 4th graders. The plan was for Aaron to take Kelsey and I would take Sara, but with Aaron home sick, I couldn't be two places at once and didn't have time to walk Kelsey to class and get Sara to school on time. Kelsey spotted a friend and got out of the car and I hurried on with a lump in my throat.
Sara wasn't too hard. She has several friends in her class and her teacher used to be our neighbor. She will be fine. And tired, I presume. I think I'll take the girls to Starbucks after school to celebrate and to get out of Daddy's hair.


2 Comments:
I totally know how you feel! I dropped all mine off today and have spent a lot of time this morning thinking of all the things I should have said to them this morning.....
God is going with you
Don't joke around too much
Be nice to everyone
I'll be praying for you
don't pick your nose, Nora!
ah, hope each day gets easier and easier on ya. i love sara's hair - her little bangs will be grown out in no time.. so sophisticated! ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home