Tuesday, August 26, 2008

a day at the beach...


with the cousins. I thought this was kind of a cool picture. It's actually the only one I got of the four of them. They were too busy playing in the sand and water (brrr) to pose. It's always fun for the girls to have their cousins here. After all, we hardly ever go to the beach unless we have company (bad parents). It was a beautiful day. One of the best I can remember since we've lived here.

On a different note, Kelsey spent yesterday morning at the YMCA for a Portland Trailblazers basketball camp. Kevin Duckworth (a former player from the 90s) was there and we were trying to tell Kelsey what a celebrity he was (or used to be) when she came home sporting his autograph on her t-shirt. We woke up this morning to hear that after he left here, he headed south to Lincoln City and he passed away last night. They haven't announced the cause of death yet, but it somehow has hit me very sad. I guess it's just that he was just here and Kelsey got to meet him. I am totally kicking myself that I didn't take any pictures of her. I didn't even think about it. Now I wish I had.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like a beautiful day to spend at the beach! how convenient that you're RIGHT THERE!! :)

August 26, 2008 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Sudden was a big Kevin Duckworth fan. He lived in Portland during the 90s and watched all the games. He was shocked too that he passed away. Such a strange thing that Kelsey met him the day before......

August 26, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home