Monday, March 3, 2008

CKC - Portland

This last weekend I went to Creating Keepsakes Convention in Portland. I took a couple of classes. Loved them both. One of the classes was taught by Ali Edwards. Here's a terrible picture that I got of her at the convention. But hey it was fun to just be in the same room with a "celebrity". Does that make me sound a bit like a stalker?



I really appreciate her ability to "embrace imperfection". There's no right or wrong way to scrapbook according to her. She just tries to get you to DO IT! I am sometimes paralyzed by my perfectionist tendencies and I don't get anything creative done. She pushes me out of my box.

The other class I took was taught by Lain Ehman. She works for Simple Scrapbooks and I thoroughly enjoyed her as a teacher. The content of her class was based on a book coming out soon written by Donna Downey. It taught us how to make 3 different looking layouts with the same sketch by flipping it or rotating it.

Didn't win one blasted door prize, but had a lot of fun and spent a lot of money!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeph and LeAnnes Blog said...

Hey I totally understand how you feel...I struggle with the perfectionist tendencies...especially with my house and scrapbooking. Maybe you could share some ideas with me, which means we should scrapbook together sometimes?!

March 3, 2008 at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home