my new toy.

So I guess I have taken up running. Jogging, really. It's something that I have NEVER liked to do, but I guess I have discovered that I am a bit of a "follower of trends". A few of my friends starting running in the past couple of years and so I wanted to see if I had it in me.
While I have to say it's not something that I really enjoy, right now I am approaching it as a challenge. I have been able to run further at age 36 than I have ever run in my life (at one time). While 2 miles without stopping does not seem like a very big feat to some, it is a MAJOR feat for me. Have you seen the length of my legs?
Running/Jogging has also become something that Aaron do together and that makes it worth it. He can definitely run faster and farther than me, but he is willing to jog right along side me. I appreciate that.
Right now speed is definitely not my goal, distance is. I am pushing myself, but not to the point that I will quit and give up. The Nike+ Sensor has been a huge help to me. It is basically a pedometer that fits in your shoe and "talks" to your iTouch or iPod. It gives me an update every 1/2 mi. It helps me to break down my runs better instead of being overwhelmed by the overall picture. I feel very accomplished when my Sensor says, "Congratulations. You have completed a two mile workout." Those computer generated voices are so encouraging.

1 Comments:
I'm so proud of you. I don't care how long/short legs are... it's still tough! i'm glad you're liking your sensor... i've been thinking about getting one. here's looking forward to some nice runs in hawaii! :D
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home