Celebrating Kelsey!
Today is the day that my first baby turns 8 years old! It almost makes me tear up just typing this. I still remember the day she was born so vividly. I try to tell her the story of that day every year on her birthday. Today I kind of got an eye roll, but I know she will appreciate it someday.
Kelsey is an awesome kid. She is very tender-hearted. She loves her family and still thinks she will live with us forever. Today, I am chosing to believe that's true. I just have to live in denial that she will ever be gone.
I'm taking cookies and juice to school today and then it's off to the ice cream shop with five of her friends. She has had such a hard time waiting for her birthday. She hasn't really slept well for a week. This morning she woke up early and wanted her family gifts right away. This year her most prized gift was a pair of Heeleys. She could barely wait to get to the bus stop and school to show them off.
Today is a great reminder to me to celebrate my kids everyday.
On a side note, I will have to post pics later as my digital camera is still missing! Aaaaarrrrgggghhh!


1 Comments:
great picture! happy bday, kelsey!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home