Friday, March 30, 2007

deep insight from "Pollyanna"



I don't know if any of you have seen the movie Pollyana lately, but I learned a valuable lesson from watching it the other day. Another one of our Spring Break activities this week was going to the library. We usually check out some kids' videos as well as books and I picked Pollyanna. I thought it would be a good "mommy and girls" movie to watch.

Anyway...in the movie, Pollyanna plays what she calls the "glad game". Basically she takes every situation and circumstance, good or bad, and asks herself what she has to be glad about. I thought, since this is always something I am working on, it would be a good daily exercise for my family. I asked the girls and Aaron today, "What do you have to be glad about?". Here are their answers:

Kelsey: "Playing outside with my friends and riding my bike."
Sara: "That I have a mommy and a daddy." (I didn't even coach her)
Aaron: "I'm not playing." (Party-Pooper! I think I got my point across, though.)
Mine: "It's not raining today and I had to time to blog!"

I challenge you all to play the "glad game" everyday. We have so much to be thankful for.

2 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

I love this movie! One of my friends at work used to call me Pollyanna..I think I need to get back to that attitude. So...today, I am glad that Kathryn got to come to school with me for the day. I am glad I got to watch her excitement as she wrote her birthday list tonight...about 10 items long...all sounded out herself! Very cute!

March 30, 2007 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger LeAnne_Troyer said...

I love this movie...I know the glad game and it is a great habit to get into! I think I will implement the glad game in my life too(even when it's hard and I don't want to)! Today I am glad that I have some time to myself to pack and watch HGTV.

See you friday!

April 2, 2007 at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home