Friday, December 7, 2007

tis the season for...stress!

Ok...without trying to sound totally depressed I will try to fill you in on my week.

The week began with a flood and no power. I really have nothing to complain about there. Some people had to be "choppered" out of their houses and others are still without power and water. We were blessed.

That was Monday. Tuesday there was no school so the kids were home. No big deal. We finally decided to go get a Christmas tree from a local tree farm. The first one we went to was closed. The second one we went to was extremely hard to find. So...after we stopped at two different houses and asked for directions (my husband is the exception to the rule that men don't stop and ask for directions) we found the right house. By this time I was not in a really great mood, but we did find a tree and brought it home and decorated it. It looks nice.





Wednesday, the kids went back to school, but Sara came home not feeling so great. I put her down for a nap and she later ended up complaining about her throat hurting. I made a dr. appt. and took her at 7 pm that night. Her throat was fine, but she had a fever of 101. No school for her on Thurs. During the course of the day on Thurs. she broke out in a rash. The dr. assured me sometimes this happens after a fever. Gave her Benedryll. This morning she woke up still broke out. Didn't think I should send her to school with a rash. No school for her today. The school called at noon today to ask if I would come pick up Kelsey because she just threw up. AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Ok, in the big scope of life, I have NOTHING to complain about. I'm just having to get over the fact that this week has not gone according to MY plan. For those of you who know me well, you know that I am definitely not a "roll with it" kind of person.

God must really want me to learn the life lesson of flexibility. I will be fine and tomorrow will be another day. Only He knows what it will bring. I just pray He equips me for what ever it is.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry you've had a rough week. i've been feeling the stress of birthdays/holidays, etc. but alas: no fevers or throw up here. you win! :) hang in there!

December 8, 2007 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger LeAnne_Troyer said...

sorry about the yucky week...I'll be praying you have a much better weekend! :)

December 12, 2007 at 8:00 AM  
Blogger nora said...

I'm not a "roll with it" kind of person either. Well I am with the big things but not the small things. How messed up is that? I called my husband at work this morning and cried for 20 minutes because the house is messy. So don't feel bad about venting. I'm so glad that you were spared from catastrophe during the flooding. I hope the girls are better and of course that you and Aaron don't get it. It took us a full week to recover from the stomach flu. NOT FUN!

December 12, 2007 at 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home