Thursday, March 1, 2007

The Blessing


I highly recommend this book I am reading. I started on the journey of reading this book in hopes of learning more about how I can speak and pray blessing into the lives of my own children, but I have already learned so much more than that. It has opened my eyes to all the adults that we have walking the planet that never felt affirmed by their parents and how that has affected their lives.


I, of course, am only raising girls and I feel it is crucial that they feel loved and blessed and affirmed at home so that they don't seek out unhealthy relationships to fill that void. I know that the same can be true of boys as well.


I am anxious to learn about the practical things that I can do in my girls' lives to bless them. I only have them in my home for a short time and I want to make the most of it. I sometimes have moments of panic when I think about the awesome responsibility it is to raise little humans and hope they turn out ok, in spite of my own shortcomings. I guess that's where God's grace comes in because I am going to screw up. It's inevitable.


Thank you, Lord for letting Aaron and I be the parents you picked especially for Kelsey and Sara. May we do the very best we can, with your help and guidance. May they grow up loving you. This is our greatest desire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home