Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturdays

This fall our Saturdays look like this.



and this.



Kelsey is playing volleyball and Sara is playing soccer so...from 10 am - noon for the next few Saturdays we are at the "Y". It's been fun to watch each of them play. One of our girls struggles with confidence and the other can't stop pushing the other team. Can you guess which is which? Sara seems to get the concept of competition a little more naturally than her older sister and Kelsey needs to work on not saying the words "I can't".

It's a little early to tell where both of them will land as far as extracurricular activities, but one of them seems a bit more athletically inclined. I need to just be ok with whatever they want to pursue. I need to work on encouraging my girls (not one of my strong suits, unfortunately).

I am very proud of my kids and need to tell them everyday without my perfectionist tendencies interfering. Why do our own issues and insecurities have to influence our parenting? It doesn't seem fair. I guess it's just a reminder that we are still a work in progress no matter how old we are. Being a parent really does "make us step up to the plate", though.

My challenge: Tell your kids you love them and are proud of them everyday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to catch myself a LOT - instead of pointing out the one mis-spelled word, I have to see the whole paragraph! ;)

October 1, 2007 at 11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home