Friday, October 5, 2007

small.



My dad took this picture last summer while we were camping. If you look very closely you can see Aaron and Sara. For some reason every time I look at it it makes me start to contemplate just how small we really are in comparison to all that God has created around us.

We so often live our lives as if WE are the only ones that matter. We think that WE are really BIG. I am reminded of a book that Aaron and I read a few years back called, "i am not but i know I AM" by Louie Giglio.

Here's an excerpt:

"...It's a place [God's Story] that requires a constant choice. We can choose to cling to the starring roles in the little-bitty stories of us, or we can exchange our fleeting moment in the spotlight for a supporting role in the eternally beautiful epic that is the Story of God.

Think of it as trading up. Abandoning the former and embracing the latter will allow our little lives to be filled with the wonder of God as we live for His fame and the unending applause of His name. And joining our small stories to His will give us what we all want most in life anyway: the assurance that our brief moments on earth count for something in a story that never ends."

My prayer: HE MUST BECOME GREATER, I must become less.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMAZING photo and your post is SO TRUE! Such a good reminder!

October 6, 2007 at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home